Homeschool Update: I can’t believe we are in week 5 already!
This school year is flying by! Whizzzzzzzzzzzz, and weeeeeeeeeeeee! I’ll give a little update on what we have done so far.
Here are the items we worked on during our morning “Together Time.”
- Read daily portions of the Gospel following the Ecclesiastical year using The Planner
- Memorized up to “and in one Lord Jesus Christ” of the The Niceno–Constantinopolitan Creed of 381 A.D.
- Read and thoroughly enjoyed the first 4 chapters of The Living God Volume 1
- Read and learned about The Divine Liturgy using Heaven on Earth
- Listened to 8 hours of audio (half an hour per day) summarizing the history of Israel and Judah, titled Our Young Folks Josephus
- Read and key word outlined Chapter 1 in Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day
- Practiced “The Beatitudes” from Matthew Chapter 5:3-12
- Practiced the first 15 Greek & Latin Roots from English from the Roots Up Volume 1
- Writing: IEW, working on key word outlines.
- Words: Vocabulary from the Classical Roots. We are using this for spelling words as well as a review of the vocabulary, which we focused on last year.
- Penmanship: Lives of Saints Volume 2 – ZB Intermediate Cursive
- Math: Teaching Textbooks Algebra I
- Reading: Historical novels which coincide with our history, right now it’s, The Greatest Book Ever Written: The Old Testament Storyby Fulton Oursler.
- Science: The Rainbow: Physics and Chemistry
- Music: Guitar lessons & practice
- Writing: IEW, key word outlines
- Grammar: First Language Lessons 2
- Words: Phonetic Zoo (3rd Grade), Explode the Code (2nd Grade)
- Penmanship: Cursive (3rd Grade), Manuscript (2nd Grade)
- Math: Math in Focus 3A & 2A
- 3rd Grader takes Guitar lessons & practice
Categories: Christianity to 1453, Homeschool